Resources for parents and children – APBC approved
Paws to Learn – for pre-schoolers
Supports many aspects of the Early Learning Goals of the National Curriculum, whilst teaching young children about the importance of safe and responsible behaviour around dogs. Paws to Learn.
Staying safe around dogs – courtesy of the Kennel Club
Always follow Sashi’s 20 paw plan to make sure you stay safe around dogs – great educational tips (click on image above).
Safety Around Dogs
Click the image above to play an interactive ‘safety around dogs’ game.
Downloadable activities, quizzes and information for children
- Colouring in sheet – dog with feeding bowl
- Colouring in sheet – a visit to the vets
- Playful Puppy
- Puppy In A Dish
- Messy Dog
- Dog At The Beach
- Dog With A Bone
- Puppy Watching the Sun
- 101 Dalmations
Key Stage 1
- Simple guessing game – what would you need to buy for your new puppy?
- Dot to dot puzzle
- Signs of good health poster
Key Stage 2
- What to get for your new pet, simple writing game
- Finish off this story about a pet ….
- About the work of the Blue Cross
Key Stage 3 and 4
- Caring for your pet poster
- Dog ownership – case study to encourage discussion/identify common mistakes
- Discussion topic, how should we encourage owners to clean up after their dogs and punish them if they don’t?